People who wear eyeglasses know how careful they need to be with their eyeglasses.
But you can easily scratch them, no matter whether you are cautious or not. Also, scratched lenses are very common as well. If this happens to you should know all the ways to fix it.
Yes, there are ways it does not mean that you instantly have to buy new glasses. Below you will see a few ways to remove the scratches. But you should know that these tricks might not work if you have antiglare tinting or coating on the lenses.
Tricks to Remove Scratches
- To remove scratches, you need to get toothpaste without gel, mintiness or whitening, get a regular one. Take a cotton ball and add a dab of the toothpaste. Then you need to massage the scratched lens for 10 seconds. Wash off and repeat if necessary.
Glass Cleaner and Dish Soap
- You need to combine a few drops of lemon household cleaner with a few drops of dish soap to eliminate stuck-on dirt and stains from the lenses.
- Brass polish might help eliminate stuck-on debris and shallow scratches. But you need to make sure that any product which you use on the lenses is acetone-free.
- On a microfiber cloth add a dab of baby shampoo and gently massage the scratches. This shampoo which is chemical-free can help protect against nasty buildup.
Use a Scratch Kit
- You can buy a scratch kit from the eye doctor. What this kit does is that it temporarily fills the scratches. You may need to do this a few times before you get new eyeglasses.
- On a soft cloth add a small amount of car wax and gently rub on your lenses. Afterward, wash them with water.
Water and Baking Soda
- The first thing you need to do is to clean the eyeglasses with a microfiber cloth. In a small bowl, you need to mix 1 teaspoon of water and 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
- You need to mix until you form a paste. Take the obtained paste and cover the lens with it. Afterward, you need to do is wash it off.
Water and Soap
- If you are in a hurry, this the trick you must know. A simple solution of water and soap with a microfiber cloth may be enough. Also, you can add baking soda for texture.