By Setting all day long on a chair and leaving your back stiff and sore eventually result in back pain. So instead of spending thousands on medication and checkups steal five minutes to stretch away tightness with these chair yoga workouts for back pain and say good bye to back pain for ever.
Back bend Arch
- Start seated at edge of chair, placing hands behind you with fingers facing away from hips.
- Prop yourself up on fingertips, drawing sacrum in and up to lift lower back.
- Follow back bend all the way up chest to shoulder blades and open up entire front body. Hold and breathe for 8 to 10 breaths, then release.
Cat / Cow
- Sit at edge of chair with feet flat on the floor.
- Place hands on knees and inhale, lifting chest and sticking hips out behind you.
- Lift gaze, open chest, and gently squeeze shoulder blades together
- On an exhale, round chest, scoop in belly, and curl tailbone under as you drop head toward sternum
- Repeat for a series of 10 cycles.
- Sit with feet hip-width apart and hands resting on knees.
- Inhale, then begin circling torso clockwise, making sure to initiate movement from base of spine.
- Complete 8 to 10 rotations. Stop and then repeat the motion, this time circling in a counter clockwise direction.
- Continue alternating for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sit w`ith feet hip-width apart and hands hanging at sides.
- From head, start rounding down through spine.
- Exhale, letting forehead release forward and the weight of your head bring you over until top of head is by thighs.
- Inhale; slowly start stacking vertebrae as you round up to sit.
- Draw belly button to spine to protect back, and feel the articulation as you round up.
- Continue rolling down and up for 5 to 8 cycles.
Source | health.com